There is no denying that the Silverthorne Home Builder standards are far above the rest. With white trim and doors, fireplaces, granite counter tops, 42 inch cabinets with crown molding, stainless steel appliances (and more!) as standards, we pride ourselves on creating a beautiful home for at our base price. The joy of building your own home, however, is putting your own spin on things, and creating your dream home right away. That means while one customer might fall in love with one of our standard granite colors, you might want something that is drop-dead Pinterest worthy. Not a problem! Check out our list below.
5) Spa Showers – Something that we’re seeing a lot of is the desire for a large, walk-in, fully tiled shower in the master bathroom, replacing our standard of a stand up shower and soaking tub. In fact, 3 out of the 4 homes currently under construction in Sycamore have a spa shower! Our most popular option is a fully tiled shower, with accent tile mosaic strip, transom window and multiple shower heads and body sprays. So luxurious!
4) Granite – We include 4 standard granite choices that cover a wide range of colors, but for a customer that is looking for something a bit different, we offer quite a few different granite selections, as well.
3) Custom Woodworking – One of the things we hear most from people walking through our homes is how our standard white trim, thicker door headers and white doors (with your choice of panel style) give our homes instant character. These touches tend to work well with additional wood working details like wainscoting or ceiling details.
2) Upgraded Wood Flooring – We’re seeing a big influx of customers who want exotic wood species, thicker plank styles or hand scraped wood floor. All of these tend to be driven by what is popular in the design world at that moment, bringing us to our number one upgrade….
1) White Cabinets – Hands down, our number one upgrade. In fact, we’ve looked into multiple different cabinet companies that can supply us with white cabinets as a standard, while keeping the Silverthorne standards of quality. Unfortunately, we haven’t quite found that yet, so have to continue to leave white cabinets as an upgrade. From bright white to off white, flat panel to raised panel with glaze, we’ve seen all sorts of white kitchens in 2014.
Personally, I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings us in terms of home building trends. Will white cabinet stay popular, will we see more custom woodwork requests? Let’s find out together! What would be your number one upgrade request in your home?